Supercardioid Condenser Microphone for Handheld Vocal Applications
✔ The Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability.
✔ Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
✔ The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up.
Superb sound quality:
The best choice for vocal performances, Beta 87A microphones capture vocal subtlety with extraordinary detail to deliver clear articulation, functional flexibility and precise vocal reproduction for live performance.
Built for a loud stage:
The Beta 87A counters this with its supercardioid pickup pattern, accepting only the closest and most direct signal sources. And 87A microphones offer consistency across all frequencies, providing more gain before feedback, and minimizing proximity effect.
1) Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
2) The highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
3) Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
4) Wide dynamic range(117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
5) Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
6) Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
7) Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
8) Legendary quality and reliability